Setting aside his background, let us talk more about how he has achieved his notable physique. The 50-year old (yes you heard that right), celebrity used to be negligent on his body up until a few years ago. But it was his desire to be better for his children and grandchildren that pushed the Dr Dre Workout to happen. So, he pursued the great body he possess right now.
Mainly, it is Circuit Training that helped him achieve his body with continuous workout and proper diet. His diet consisted mainly of fiber, protein and vegetables.
Here are his specific workout exercises:
- Pull Ups (great for working every upper body muscle) – Grip the pull-up bar (hands facing forward) and pull your chest to the bar, pause, and then lower yourself back down.
- Squats – Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart, and then lower your body as far as you can by bending your knees. Pause and gradually push yourself back up. Perform this twice a week if you’re serious about growing muscles. (Use a barbell with this exercise).
- Deadlifts (for your lower back) – Traditional deadlifts. Remember NOT to round your back.
- Bicep Curls – Keep your hands shoulder-width apart. Bend at your elbows to twist the bar to your shoulders. After pausing, lower the bar back down. (You may also do this sitting down and alternate each arm for more focus and efficiency.)
- Bench Press – Simple barbell bench press. Be sure not to lockout at the top. (It’s best to put an incline on the workout bench while doing this exercise as it helps work your upper chest for more definition.)
- Weighted Bench Dip (or Tricep Dip) – These are easy to do, and the results are just amazing after several weeks of doing these.
- Dips (Chest Version) –Lift yourself on two supports with elbows at 90 degrees. Lower your body until your shoulders are lower than your elbows. Push yourself up by leveling your arms.
If you are interested (I know you are) to workout just like Dr. Dre, the optimal routine is to exercise three times a week, taking a rest in between your workout days for best results. Try it out and see for yourself!